Monday, September 17, 2007

Disable MS Office 2003 clipboard ring

If you don't know what I mean, go into any Office product since 2000 and type Control-c twice. You will get an annoying pane that steals all your valuable real estate and keeps coming back. I have not figured out how to disable it completely. The Office XP and Office 2000 fixes don't seem to affect the clipboard ring in Office 2003. What I have been able to do is make it so it does not bother me anymore. When it comes up, go to the options list and uncheck every option there. Basically, tell it to never show itself, never come up, never automatically do anything. It seems to be a global setting that affects all Office products with just one change. I hope this gives someone some sanity.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanks, it really helps!

Brent V said...

I am so glad to help. Thank you so much for the feedback. It means a lot to me.

Thx,

Brent